Children need to be seen by dentists regularly from as young as six months old throughout the teen years.
Kids starts getting their milk/deciduous teeth from 6 to 7 months of age, and by the age of 6 to 7 years they start losing their deciduous teeth, and permanent teeth eruption starts.
That’s why, To keep monitoring child’s teeth, it is very essential to pay regular visits to your dentist.
If dental care is ignored, then children can suffer from oral diseases like dental cavities and gum problems from a very young age, which can cause unbearable discomfort.
Things to be taken care of by the dentist
- Early detection of caries development and avoiding it
- Counseling on eating and drinking habits to prevent tooth decay
- Guiding and controlling thumb sucking and pacifier habits
- Assessing the need of assisted bone development for future Orthodontic treatment
- Space management for delayed permanent teeth eruption
Extraction of deciduous teeth in case of pain or need basis